Friday, March 20, 2009

Coral Reef Dreams Ocean Inspired Art

I often have wonderful dreams about diving on a beautiful coral reef and seeing fantasy coral gardens, fish and sea creatures from another world. I also have similar dreams about walking along a beach and seeing beautiful seashells like none I have ever seen washing up at my feet. So, I decided to name my ocean-inspired jewelry line Coral Reef Dreams.

I am an artist, photographer, jewelry designer. I scuba dive and photograph coral reefs and marine life, and use the photos as inspiration for my watercolor paintings and jewelry designs. I have been painting since I was in junior high school, but I just started making jewelry about two years ago.

Born on the Texas coast in Port Arthur, I spent a lot of time at the beach and fishing with Dad, and grew to love the ocean and seashore. I also love to collect seashells and beach glass, some of which get incorporated into my jewelry designs. I have a bachelor's degree in fine art from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, and enjoyed a long career in graphic design and cartography, and eventually moved into geographic information system sales and marketing. In 2001, I left my job to become a full-time artist. My husband, Julian "Kent" Jacobson and I love to travel to tropical places to snorkel and scuba dive. Websites: http://coralreefdreams.etsy.com (jewelry) http://paulinewalshjacobson.com (paintings, photography)

5 comments:

  1. I will be displaying my paintings and photography of Texas wildflowers this weekend at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. For more information, visit http://www.wildflower.org/artisans/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lone Star Ladies Presents Shop Austin has posted a great blog about my jewelry: http://thelonestarladies.blogspot.com/search?q=coral+reef+dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be selling my jewelry this weekend at the Rockin' Art Festival at the Lakeway Village Square, 1200 Lakeway Drive, Lakeway, Texas. Come out and see me, and there will be lots of other artists and live music performances there as well. Festival hours are 10am to 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying out a new market Saturday from noon to 6 - Austin Handmade at 507 West Mary. Come out and see lots of handmade art and crafts by local designers, as well as my ocean inspired jewelry -

    http://austinhandmade.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all of the art shows I have done this spring have been amazing. What economic slump? Thanks to all who have purchased my art at the shows. I have two more coming up: This weekend I will be at the Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown, TX, with my jewelry, paintings and photography. Next weekend I'll be at the Old Pecan Street Festival on 6th Street in downtown Austin. Come out and see me!

    ReplyDelete